Buy German Language Tutorial as a PDF e-book! German Language Tutorial includes a vocabulary and grammar review of the German language, with German realia photos taken in Germany and Austria so you can see how the language is used in real life. The PDF e-book and 127 mp3s recorded by two native speakers (most of which are not online) are available for immediate download with FREE lifetime updates. Thank you for supporting ielanguages.com! Download the first ten pages of German Language Tutorial (including the table of contents).
If you'd like to download the mp3s, please purchase German Language Tutorial.
1) Some verbs require an umlaut over the a in the 2nd and 3rd person singular.
Examples: fallen-to fall, schlafen-to sleep, tragen-to carry, waschen-to wash, laufen-to run
2) Some verbs change the e to ie in the 2nd and 3rd person singular.
Examples: lesen- to read, befehlen-to command, empfehlen-to recommend, geschehen-to happen, stehlen-to steal
3) Some verbs change the e to an i in the 2nd and 3rd person singular.
Examples: brechen-to break, essen-to eat, helfen-to help, sprechen-to
speak, sterben-to die, treffen-to meet, werfen-to throw
*nehmen has another irregularity: it doubles the m and drops the h*
4) Verb stems ending -d or -t, add an e before three endings.
5) Verb stems ending in an s or z sound, have -t for du form ending instead of -st.
6) Infinitives ending in -n (not -en) only have -n ending for wir and sie forms. Infinitive stems ending in -el or -er can drop the e in the ich form.
If you enjoy the tutorials, then please consider buying French, Informal French, Italian, Spanish, German, Swedish, or Dutch Language Tutorials as a PDF e-book with free mp3s and free lifetime updates.Buy French Tutorial
Please consider sending a donation of any amount to help support ielanguages.com. Thank you!
FluentU offers authentic videos in French, Spanish, German, English, Chinese and Japanese. Learn from captions and translations and enjoy access to ALL languages!
Learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese and English with authentic videos by Yabla that include subtitles and translations.
Learn to read languages with interlinear bilingual books that include the original language and an English translation below in a smaller font.
Hundreds of free and paid online language learning video courses at Udemy. By native speakers and experts, from Arabic to Zulu.