Links from the Australian Teachers of French Conference
The conference I attended in Perth at the beginning of April was The Federation of Australian Teachers of French Associations Biennial Conference and the Teachers of French Association of Western Australia Annual Stage. I presented my research on the gap between what applied linguists recommend for inclusion in textbooks and what is actually in the textbooks regarding vocabulary (more on that later), but for now here are some links from presenters/sponsors/speakers:
- Frenchteachers – new blog for Australian teachers of French by l’Ambassade de France en Australie
- Hearsay Language Learning Downunder – using the Accelerative Integrated Method or AIM to teach languages with gestures, plays, songs, etc.
- Le Forum – French bookshop in Fremantle
- The Language Centre Bookshop – lots of language learning and teaching resources in Leederville
- Joe Dale – creating a Personal Learning Network using social media, such as Twitter, to connect with other educators
- Shay Stafford – former dancer at the Moulin Rouge and author of Memoirs of a Showgirl