I previously reviewed Brainscape’s website and mobile apps and gave away promo codes for their French Vocab Genius app. Now I’m offering another free product giveaway, but this time it is for Spanish learners: the Brainscape Spanish app!
Brainscape Spanish for iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad is a new app that uses the Intelligent Cumulative Exposure (ICE) technique to help you learn Spanish using confidence-based repetition with real sentences instead of isolated words. Grammatical concepts are also explained throughout the flashcards in plain English. If you are looking for more than just a dictionary app or simple machine translation tool, I recommend Brainscape because they go beyond the extent of normal flashcards and include sentences that are not usually included in books/apps which are mostly geared towards travelers.
Here are some screenshots:
Brainscape Spanish includes four subjects with a total of 8,857 cards:
- Spanish Sentence Builder: 19 lessons of sentences and grammar explanations, with audio
- Spanish Vocabulary: 15 decks of mixed Vocab Enrichment (with audio) plus Food & Restaurant, Medical, Transportation, Technology, Mechanical, and Countries & Nationalities
- Spanish Verbs: 9 decks of verb conjugations (present, preterite, imperfect, present perfect, plurperfect, future, conditional, present subjunctive and imperfect subjunctive)
- Business Spanish: 7 decks of vocabulary
You can choose one of the subjects or study using the Smart Mix, which chooses cards at random and repeats them based on your confidence level. Browse and Search functions also lets you find a particular word among the cards. Lastly, you can sync to the website to study the flashcards online and keep all of your progress synchronized. Don’t forget to read the description at the iTunes store.
THE TWITTER GIVEAWAY
I have FIVE promo codes for the Brainscape Spanish mobile app to give away for FREE (a value of $39.99!)
To participate in this Twitter giveaway, follow these instructions:
1. Either comment on this post or send me an e-mail at ielanguages [at] gmail [dot] com with your Twitter name and e-mail address.
2. Follow both @ielanguages and @Brainscape on Twitter, if you have not already done so.
3. Click the blue Tweet button at the beginning of this post before Monday, June 13, 2011, at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time to share this post on Twitter. (Or click here if the Tweet button is not showing.)
4. I will choose five entries at random on Monday and contact the lucky winners through e-mail.
Thanks for participating and thanks to Brainscape for making the giveaway possible!